Saturday, January 20, 2007

Check these out .....

It is amazing how appealing it is to write to "no-one" but know that "anyone" can read it ! It is quite addictive. I tend to become obsessive with things and suddenly it is with blogging.

I am so fortunate in my job to meet many amazing and inspiring teachers. I have the time to do the reading and the research and the networking that many teachers could only wish for. The Cluster Educators themselves are an incredibly exciting and generous group of people. I am a part of the Phase 2 Cluster group in the Eastern Region. We meet regularly ( although less in recent years due to budget cuts at the regional office) and everyone shares ideas, unit plans, rescources, whatever you need someone will most likely have, or know someone who does.

It is not only the Cluster Educators that inspire me, but educators in general. People such as Esther Weichart, Kim Blackmore, Gary Bass and many more who I will add to my posts later. Not only do I want to acknowldege each of them but to thank them for what they have contributed to education. ( I will add a link to each of these people when I seek their permission)

Other impressive people I have come across since I began blogging include

Joseph Papaleo - check out his presentation on how to use Google Earth that he presented at the K - 12 conference
Jo McLeay - excellent discussions and some great links on her open classroom site
The potential of blogging can be seen in this students blog , discovered from one of Jo's links

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen, isn't it a small world. And I totally agree with you about how blogging gets addictive. Great to meet you and thanks for your kind comments about my blog. I find it amazing that the student you linked to is blogging during the holidays. I am so proud of her.
Thanks,
Jo

David Tyson said...

Hi Helen, I am really impressed with what you have done here. All the best for the coming year. I would encourage others to write a comment and support Helen.