Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The beauty of a blog

One of the best things about a blog is the fact that like a website, you can store information here and then you know where you put it, unlike a filing cabinet or even the filing system on my macbook , always a mess. So I have come across many new things lately and decided to store them here for easy keeping.
it is a bit of a "have you seen" .... segment
Have you seen the Top 100 tools for learning website. How many are you familiar with?





I am often asked about how I download and save Youtube videos into my ilife as above. I used to use a great program called Cosmopod , however this is Mac specific, and I have had trouble with it lately, so try this site 100 Vixy.net. It is free and so far, works fine. You can choose whether to save videos as Mov files or Macs, AVI for Windows, MP4 for ipods or 3GP for phones.

If you are into making movies and concerned about copyright and the kids with their music, here are some sites that provide free music and sound affects (thanks to Michelle at Coburg Senior High for these)
incompetech
free play music
for free sounds
partners in rhyme

1 comment:

Minko said...

Hi Helen
I have again enjoyed reading your blog...and just as enjoyable havs been popping in to have a look at the "blogs I visit" links. There is some great stuff happening out there. My blog has remained quiet as the students are still on holidays. I am wondering if there are any other maths teachers out there using blogging to engage and inspire students?
I have been spending my holiday time making a claymation that I hope to have ready by the time the question about total surface area pops up on the IXA blog. Movie Maker is very simple to use, but it would be great to have a function like Garageband to play with....oh well Beethoven and Vivaldi will have to suffice for now.